Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15th

Today I worked a bus shift at the M. It was a fairly normal day, but the monotony of the job really got to me. I was in a good mood, but I was certainly feeling quiet and tired. Not sleepy or physically tired, just shut down. I am on and off about working at the Flying M. I love the place, and most of the people I work with, but I just don't know if I can handle foodservice for much longer. In fact I know I can't. My friends are even telling me that I need to get a new job.

I've been reading A Case for God by Kristen Armstrong. It's been good. Lots of ups and downs, though. At one moment I am feeling inspired by how humanity has viewed God and practiced religion, and at the next I am depressed at revelations about Christian history and left wondering what I really believe in. Then, I am back to being completely content with what I believe. I am loving all this history, but I am not really one to get into history. It's confusing. Maybe I should read that Lee Strobel stuff next, so I get both sides of the argument for God. Then maybe I should read some Dawkins, so that I am not unaware of what I think I disagree with.

I learned more about my possible future job today. It looks like drafting is actually a good place to be in this economy. Lots of professions need drafters. I am thinking it might be a good place to start in my quest to become an architect.

Diana and I sat by the fire tonight, it was nice. I had to lock the dogs out of the library so they would stop barking. They were being distracting and annoying.

Today is the day that Harvey is due. No Harvey yet. It is exciting for one of the couples in our friend group to take the parenthood plunge.

3 comments:

jared said...

Hi Joe, thanks for blogging. Love, Jared.

jared said...

BTW, I listened to this week's This American Life and it really really hit the nail in finding the "World's Worst Boss". Seriously, if you are feeling down, give it a listen and sit in stunned amazement as the story of abuse unfolds.

Joseph said...

I will surely check that out. Thanks Jared.