Thursday, May 14, 2009

The 5000 Year Leap


This was a book that my dad wanted me to read. It was about the founding of the constitution and how the establishment of that document and the 28 principles it was founded on has given mankind a technological and sociological leap of 500o years. Basically it seems that it was written as a text book for people who want to believe that the founding fathers of the United States were gods among men and staunchly conservative politicians and that the U.S. is God's country and other things I completely don't understand. I have many problems with the book, one of which being his writing style, yet I am glad I read it for the sake of knowing the political perspective of many of the people in this area. I don't really want to write a response to the book, I just wanted to cement the fact that I had read the book in my blog for historical purposes.

No comments: